Disciplining of Construction Works
The Law “On Disciplining of Construction Works” aims at controlling and disciplining the design, supervision, implementation and final certification of works for buildings in the Republic of Albania.
This Law, in relation to the field of territorial planning and development, determines among other things that the planning and development control authorities submit to the IPRO:
- the request for the registration of the development/construction permit, the request for the temporary registration of the carcass construction works;
- the confirmation of the completion of carcass construction works, the decision on the building site, the building permit, site plan, mapping act;
- the official confirmation for the completion of construction works in accordance with the project and the urban planning conditions approved for the construction site, following with the granting of the use permit.
Concurrently, this Law determines that the technical review should be performed for every construction project of objects with the minimum estimated value of ALL 100 million, by state institutions or other entities determined by the responsible ministry.
The object of the Law “On Inspection and Protection of the Territory from Illegal Constructions” is to designate bodies for inspection and protection of the territory from illegal constructions and their responsibilities.
This Law, in relation to the field of territorial planning and development, defines inter alia that:
- NITP exercises its responsibilities at the local level directly and without any restrictions on constructions/works related to issues, areas or objects of national and territorial importance;
- NITP, on exercising the right to appeal to a court on a construction permit approved in contravention of the law and/or planning documents in force, coordinates the work with relevant responsible territorial planning authorities at the central level;
- NITP controls the implementation of legal provisions in the field of integrated water resource management and takes appropriate measures, according to the respective legal provisions in force;